Saturday, August 24, 2013

We bought a house!

So Logan and I are going all out at this whole being an adult thing. In the past 4 months, Logan graduated, we moved to a new town about 5 hours away, we both got new jobs, and we bought a house! One of our friends recently asked us "So what do you plan on doing for an encore next year?" Not sure what next year will hold, but for now I am stoked to have a real house with a real yard and to not have a move out date in sight. 






The house we bought was built in 1983 and it has aged incredibly well. It has lots of character like archways from room to room and panned ceilings, but it also has the original carpet and kitchen from 30 years ago. Now if we were snobs on House Hunters, we wouldn't have even made it in the front door that first time. However, we're more like Property Brother's ideal client in that we're really good at seeing through what is on the surface and imagining what it can become. I'm actually really glad that they didn't do any updates because this allows me to spend my afternoon at Lowe's today in the Kitchen center designing a brand new kitchen that is exactly the colors and appliances that I we want :)

Coming up next: The "Before" pictures. Since I won't remember to take one before each project, I figured I should take/post them all now. Well tomorrow most likely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment