Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Carpet is Icky

Now that the cable guy finally made it to our house I can share why I think carpet is absolutely disgusting. Unfortunately, I'm missing the two best pictures from the whole ordeal. The first is the underside of the carpet in the dining room which was absolutely disgusting and smelt beyond horrible. Thank goodness for N95 masks! The second would be a before and after of all that nasty carpet rolled up in our driveway and then our driveway later that afternoon after random people have come by and picked it up. All for free! 

That's the dirt that went through the carpet and through the padding. 
And just sat there. 
For who knows how long.
Gross.
 Same door that is in the picture above. The tack strip is even rotted and rusted and the smell is still slightly there of "I'm not sure what that is but I probably don't want to know."
Halfway done cleaning the hallway. That shop-vac has already proven it's worth and we're just barely getting this party started!

When we started planning how we wanted to remodel, Husbind wanted carpet in the bedrooms and den. I wanted to tile the whole house. Then Suzy puked in our bedroom and he decided that we should probably put carpet in areas where the dogs hang out which covered the Master and Den. Then we ripped up the carpet. And now it's tile - all the way. 


1 comment: