Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ssssssnakes!

Luckily, I only have two snake adventures to write about, and hopefully that will be the total of all I have to write about. Ever. 


The rattlesnake one was pretty cool. Husband was leaving for work at "Way Too Early" 'o clock when he randomly stopped and started walking back to the house. He asked me for a shovel so I ran across the yard barefoot to get it for him. Next thing I see, Husband is taking the African Warrior stance and throwing the shovel into the brush repeatedly. Like this...
(This is perfect! Thank you Google Images!!!)

In no time, rattlesnake went bye-bye and we put the rattles in salt so we can fill them and add them to the collection. I wasn't allowed to go looking for it after he left though since the head can still bite and he didn't have time to take care of that. I love my husband!

Later was a bull snake, who is Rattlesnake's secretly sissy cousin. It looks like a rattler, sounds like one too, but it's not. 

Unfortunately, for this guy, he was so good at it and mom-in-law was so traumatized from almost sitting on it, that he had to take one for the team. Sorry. But on the happy side, now all his little friends are on the no-kill list as long as they aren't too close to the house and husband is home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment